Saturday, July 2, 2011

I'm a winner! (says my mommy)

OK, a couple weeks ago, I participated in a Trade bait draft put on by SpastikMooss over at The Great Sports name Hall of Fame.  It was a blast, I got some nice cards and got to rub shoulders with some great bloggers.  One of the main highlights for me was a wrinkle thrown in by Dennis of Too Many Grandersons fame.  He put up a box of 2009 Upper Deck Series 1 and tied it to a secret card that, when somebody picked it, won that person the box!

The Moose put out a few hints and with my incredible powers of deduction, I picked the winning card with the 2nd pick in the 1st round of the draft!  Awesome for me, but it took some of the suspense out of the rest of the picks.  Sorry about that!

Anyway, the box came!!!  My son and I took turns opening the 24 packs of 18 cards each.  It's been a long time since I busted wax, so the whole experience was a treat!  Here's a few highlights.

My favorites are my 1st David Price RC and the 'Emerald Super Rare' Ryan Howard Starquest.  I also got my 1st 2 Griffey's when he was a White Sox!  There were a ton of cool cards, way too many to show here.

The Hit of the box was this Travis Hafner Jersey card.  It will be straight off to David at Tribecards if he comments to let me know he needs it.  The guy has way too many Indians cards!

I got 3 Yankee Stadium cards, a couple Predictors and a Historic 1st's.  Anyone want these?  They're not in my collecting interests!!

 What??  These aren't 2009 Upper Deck?  Well, Dennis is so cool, that he added these into the package in hopes of making future trades!  Holy lickmywigandcallmecarol, yes!  Amazing additions to my McGwire insert collection.  I especially the one in the lower left even though Sosa doesn't do much for me.  I love that look.  Thanks Dennis, and I'll be perusing your wantlists to send you back some stuff!

3 comments:

  1. I will bite on the Yankees if they are available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need a bunch of 2009 UD base cards, if you have extras or no need for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the box turned out well for you, and I've got plenty more McGwires to send your way since you're literally the only person I know that wants them!

    ReplyDelete