Notice: The Bash the Beckett experiment has finally been updated! Go check it out!
Card show last week...
I got some stuff for trades, about 20 McGwires for my steroid fueled personal collection, some nice, funky looking inserts, blah blah blah.
But my favorite card was one that many of you probably wouldn't think twice about. Here it is:
OK, by the confused silence, I feel the need to explain. There are a couple of reasons I feel good about this card.
1. It's a red refractor. I have exactly zero red refractors. Well, now I have 1.
2. It's numbered out of 250. Okay...
3. He was one of only 7 players born in Alaska to be drafted into the NFL. Okay again...
4. It's encased in a huge slab of plastic. Duh...
5. It looks really, really nice in person (not so much the scan, sorry)
And the real reason
6. I got it for a dime!
Actually, I probably used 2 nickels. I hate nickels, they take up too much space in my pocket and they are only worth half a dime! But seriously, I looooooooooooooove value! I realize that I could put this up on the Bay for 15 cents with free shipping and probably not get a bite, but in my little mind, I scored.
If you have made it this far, I apologize for making you dumber by reading my slop. That is all!