Monday, September 30, 2024

Deke was cool

** I wrote this post earlier today, when I heard about Dikembe....  Now I hear that Pete Rose has passed too.  That'll have to be another post.  Quite a day.** 

Dikembe Mutombo died at only 58 of brain cancer.  That's a sad one.  I had a co-worker die of brain cancer at 58 a few years ago too.  Seems far too young...

Mutombo was never the best player in the league, but he was the best shot blocker at times, and an asset to his teams.  He was a lot of fun too, I always laughed at those commercials where he made appearances like this one.  I know this is usually a baseball card blog, but here are a few of the Mutombo's I own.




2 comments:

  1. Sad day for sure. Dikembe was a heck of a player and a good, likeable guy. One of my favorite early-mid '90s players.

    That Postmen refractor is sweet!

    ReplyDelete