Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Randomness catch up

 This post consists of a few scans that were in my drafts from card shows over the last few months.  I had some trouble posting for a while, but seem to be getting back in the swing of things, so let's take a look!

I've been picking up Stadium Club singles lately whenever I see them in the cheap boxes.  Pictures of all time greats or just funky photos are what I grab.
I believe these were all dimes or quarters.  Not sure why they decided to make the Carter card black and white, but I like it that way.


This one, I probably overpaid for, $1 I think, but I quite like the pic.  The X-Fractorness doesn't obscure it quite as much in hand.



No theme here, total randomness:
The beat up Aaron was only a couple of bucks, a steal.  The Betts is an Image Variation.  Before this card, I was not aware that there were Image Variations in the Chrome Anniversary sets.


Football???  For a buck, this card, numbered out of 75, was an interesting pickup.  I have more nice Justin Herbert cards than I need.


Basketball???   The Starting Lineup cards are cool, and the oddball Blazers autos were a nice cheap find too.  Vandeweghe and Bates were quite popular around here back in the day.


Back to Baseball.

From worthless (Showalter, but I like the image) to expensive (the Alonso is a tough pull and goes for a few bucks) to the vintage-ish (the bottom row is actually from 1983, The Starliner Stickers set, whatever that is).

Last one!

Another hodgepodge with no theme here.  Numbered Refractors of Kershaw are nice.  The Johnson card is one of those super thick hunks of cardboard.  Moments and Milestones is a ridiculous set, but and Ichiro numbered /10 is welcome here.  And the Acuna is my first "Super Rare Red Foil" card.  Super rare might be pushing it, but it's cool.


2 comments:

  1. Love that Pedro blue refractor and (H)akeem SLU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heaven's to Betsy, there should NOT be image variations in Chrome Platinum. 57 different color parallels isn't enough?

    ReplyDelete