Tuesday, July 10, 2012

June Refractor Report

If you read this blog at all the last 6 months, you know I'm collecting refractors this year.  Any refractors!!  I'm only 10 days late this month, so I'm getting better!!  Again, this month was my worst month so far, but the numbers did go up, so that's better than nothing!

Here is the monthly progress report for June!



As of June 30th, I have the following:
485 - Baseball Refractors
24 - Football Refractors
52 - Basketball Refractors

561 total Refractors!  That's a whopping 5 added over the last month.  Ouch!

OK, here is where I get to ask a couple of questions that impact this quest.  First, are these considered refractors?????
The Robinson has a rainbow-y, refractory look to it.  The Koufax, not as much, but both are shiny.  It seems like I have seen these referred to as refractors, but I'm really not sure.  Next question...

I have several 2011 Topps Chrome cards that have been sent to me as refractors.  They look refractory, but do not have any 'refractor' label on the back.  Here is an example:

Are these refractors?  I think they are (hope actually, since I have several and I'd hate to take my numbers down even further than they already are) , but I'm not sure.  Any knowledgeable folks out there??  Are there any other sets with unlabeled refractors?  I seem to remember that the refractors from the 1st year or 2 they were produced were unlabeled, but are there any others?  Help me out!!

Anyway.

More math...

I have 56.1% of my goal of 1000 Refractors.
I have been accumulating refractors at a pace of  3.08/day (down from 3.71/day for the 1st 5 months of the year).
I am on pace for 1122 refractors.

OK, so another terrible month, but I'm still on pace for a HUUUUGE year, so no biggie.

And as always, let me know if you have refractors to trade!

1 comment:

  1. Those 2011 Chrome cards ARE refractors, they just didn't get marked as such. I'm not sure about the others. I'll have some refractors for you in your prize pack from me.

    ReplyDelete