Saturday, July 27, 2024

The Blogger National 2024

 Sometimes it takes a Blogger Bat Around to get me to post!!  Unfortunately, I don't have much that is "National" worthy, but I did just get back from a pretty fun card show with what are, to me, some pretty great finds.  So I will use those for my National entry....

First up are these serial numbered cards of injured young stars.

The Julio is /2022 and the Acuna is /250.  These were $1 each, which I think is pretty great.

Next up is some football (sorry baseball fans) that was just too cheap to pass up.

These averaged less than $2 each, I got them in a stack so I can't say exact prices for each.

The Rodgers is probably the least expensive card here, but I like it a lot.  The Burrow RC seems to be one of his better ones, at least going by prices on COMC.  But the high price on COMC goes to the Herbert Immaculate, #/50.  It's up for $152.  Fat chance crazy seller!  But I was happy to get it for less than 2 bucks.

I would consider trading any of these football cards if the right offer came along....

Another nice find, this Kobe RC for under $2.  Not his best RC, but I couldn't pass it up.



And the scan that I am most excited about.


Each of these cards were $1.  The details:

I don't have many decent looking Trout parallels, so this was a no brainer

The Judge Neon is something I have never seen before.  I have been looking around to see how rare it is, but the only info I can find is that it is 'Ultra Rare'.  Anyone know much about them?  Best $1 of the day as far as I am concerned.

Witt is leading the league in batting average and having a great season.  I'm happy to have a nice prizm RC of his.

The Gold Tatis is also quite a find in a dollar box, as it is numbered /10!

Funky Guerrero #/99.  I have teased this before, but I am hopefully going to be offering a stack of baby Vlad for trade on the blog soon.  Let me know if you are interested!

And last, the Home Field Advantage card.  I like these a lot, and they are moderately rare.  At least I don't see them around much.  Mountcastle isn't amazing, but if he has a long career, this could be worth something.  

Thanks for reading and to Matt for starting this Bat Around!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome pickups! I miss reading your posts. Hope to see more in the not so distant future. Anyway, I would be interested in Vladimir Guerrero Jr cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quarterback stack is fantastic. Really like the look of the Burrow and Herbert Red Hot Rookies. The Witt Mosaic is excellent, too. Nice find on that Tatis /10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Home Field Advantage insert is cool. I've been looking for the Buster Posey, Rickey Henderson, and Sean Murphy cards from that set. But that Kobe rookie for under $2 is my favorite deal. Just don't see that very often. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pickups for the price. That zteam looks awesome!!

    The judge is cool as well!

    Thanks for joining in the BBA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was never a fan of his, but I always thought that that was Kobe's best looking rookie card.

    ReplyDelete