Monday, March 13, 2023

Cards come to my home

 Time to show off and thank a bunch of you for cards that have arrived at my home in the last months that I have not been posting.  As you all know, getting cards in the mail is usually a highlight of a day or even week.  Well here were my highlights!  I apologize if I don't get all the details about these packages quite right, I am getting old.

Dime Boxes - Nick put up a bunch of cards for people to claim as part of his 10 year celebration.  I grabbed a bunch of fun!

Some rookies highlight the top row (My first Seikya!).  ANY Willie Mays from the playing days is something I want, so this badly creased 72 is right at home here.  I've started really liking picking up decent looking Quisenbery's.  The rest are awesome too, but that's all I am saying.  Thanks Nick!!



Croc sent me a prize package for winning a contest on his site.  I don't remember what I did to win, but the prize was a big batch of pure random awesomeness.  The next 4 scans show a small part of what he sent.
There were a lot more of these old Action Packed.  I never really like them when I see one in a box, but when I had this big batch in hand, they appealed to me more.  Some really great old players that I grew up reading about.
Basketball and football fun was included too.  And that bottom row is O-Pee-Chee!  I love vintage OPC.
More OPC, and some always welcome 60s vintage!!  And something I always appreciate, a custom blogger card! I always, always keep these, they are great.  And croc's certainly has personality!
And we will finish off Croc's part of the post with some pure random.  Great, great stuff!  My favorites are the Ripken, Canseco and believe it or not, the Albert Belle!  Thanks Crocodile!


On to a mailing from Gavin at Baseball Card Breakdown that is long overdue.  And featuring customs that many of you have already seen, the sun treated 91 Fleer!

Yep, I got Griffey, and I love it.  Here it is with the holiday themed overlay:
Gavin sent a very nice custom blogger card too that is definitely a keeper for me.  Thanks Gavin!


And not to be left out, Johnny has sent me several PWEs over the last couple of months.



Johnny is taking my blog name to heart.  As many of you know, he puts some thought into as many of his mailings as he can.  And while I am not much of a collector of the newer Diamond Kings, these were appreciated, and the 2004's are actually needs.  Thanks Johnny!

If I missed anyone, I apologize.  Now that I am back to posting, I hope to get these up more regularly.

5 comments:

  1. Gotta love mail days and these are great ones. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun fact: Willie Norwood never actually played for the Suns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking cards all around! Drop me an email and maybe we can come together on a trade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a Yankees fan... and don't even really collect Mantle (although who really turns away Mantles)... but that 1996 Topps reprint card is pretty cool. I've actually thought about building that set a few times over the years. If I ever land the 1952 for a few bucks, I'll go for it.

    ReplyDelete