Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Card show cheapies for someone

I'm heading to a card show this Saturday (April 29th), and if you are lucky, it might benefit you! 

This is a quick little contest with a prize that might be good, or might be bad, it depends on the quarter boxes at the show!  Here's how it works:

To enter, comment on this post with the players, teams, sets etc. that you want me to look for in the cheapie boxes at the next card show.

Examples:

"I want you to look for Francisco Lindor, Clayton Kershaw, any serial numbered under /1000"

"Please look for all Diamondbacks, any Panini colored parallels and Bowman cards of young up and comers"

"I'd like any cards from the 1950s, late 90s inserts, Tom Glavine and any O-Pee-Chee"

Feel free to be more or less detailed with your request as needed. Keep in mind that I am looking in cheap boxes, so some requests will be harder to fulfill.  Like the request for cards from the 1950s above!  If you ask for Roberto Clemente, and that is all, I may not find anything, and even if I do, they will likely be modern cards.

You can put other sports than Baseball if you like, but I spend most of my time in the baseball boxes, so take that for what you will.


I will take all the comments and use Random.org to select a winner (randomized 3 times).  For the winner, I will look in the quarter (or less) boxes for you, scanning for cards that fit your request.  You will receive up to 18 cards, depending on what I can find, PWE shipped to you.

This contest will close on Thursday, April 27th at 5PM PST!!

**No promises on what you will get.  I usually have good luck in these boxes, but I am looking for a really wide variety of cards.  Limiting it down to specific requests will certainly make it harder!

12 comments:

  1. Please look for foil variations from the 1954 Topps Archives set, commons from the 1995 Pacific Crown Royale FB set, and any blue or numbered parallels from the 2021 Topps 70th patch card insert set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like any 1980s star cards from oddball boxed sets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please look for dodger chrome parallels and inserts (and parallels of inserts), and have fun at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please look for any 1960s-80s Detroit Tigers, especially Bill Freehan, and and 2023 Topps Tigers, especially Riley Greene.
    Really appreciate that you're doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man... I love digging through cheap boxes. Hope you find some cool stuff for yourself and the contest winners. As for the contest entry, I'd normally say Rickey or Gwynn cards... but since you're in the Pacific NW... I'll say anything Ichiro.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would go but I am headed for Eugene. If you find any Tim Flannery, Jake Cronenworth or Brandon Drury cards that would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's say any parallels, serial numbered cards, or (if you're open to interpretation) anything interesting and unusual from the Mets or any Hall of Famers. Thanks, and I hope whoever wins there's some good stuff that fits what they're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for running this contest! Happy with any Jays cards, or any non base cards (any team) of Halladay, Hentgen, Sprague, Timlin, and Turner Ward

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy the cheap boxes too but the last card show I went to did not yield much. Hope you have better luck. I would be interested in any Francisco Lindor, base, insert, parallel; if it has Lindor, I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I just received cards from you and I just dug through discount boxes at a show, so this seems a little greedy but while you're there: search for any '60s baseball (I found some) and L.A. Mookie Betts. Feel free to search for Kershaws, too, but he doesn't show up a lot in the quarter boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun little contest, thanks for doing this. If I should be the lucky winner, you can look for any Red Sox cards of Pedro Martinez (who am I kidding any Red Sox really), Laughlin World Series cards, or cards from the Senior Leagues or Sporting News Conlon Collection sets.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like these kind of contests; haven't seen anyone do one for quite a while. Unfortunately I'm drawing a complete blank right now as to what I would ask you to look for, so I guess I'll just sit this one out. Happy hunting though!

    ReplyDelete