Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Custom coolness from Gavin

 I'm sure everyone who reads this blog also reads Baseball Card Breakdown by Gavin, but if not, he's a much better blogger than me, so check it out!  As everyone who does read him knows, he's also much more creative than me, with his many hand made customs as evidence.

We recently worked out a quick and easy (in person!!!) swap where I ended up with a whopping seven of Gavin's creations!

And while my scanner and camera pretty much fail to capture the excellence of these cards, I hope you can at least get a sense of the kind of work he does:


Go out and compare those to the originals.  A few of these just don't show well at all, especially top right and bottom middle, which are clear cut acetate-like cards!  I also LOVE the attention to detail Gavin put into the bottom middle card, adding a perfectly positioned 'top' to McGwire's bat that sticks out the top of the card.  Just great.

A couple more picture attempts here, which also pretty much fail:


Excellent shiny and tons of fun!  The acetate card shows a lot better here, I like the texture to the clear section.


And to top it off, the last of the seven was a bobble-head like creation!

And another angle...

So awesome and hilarious!  It reminded me of a stand up thing one of my old co-workers made of me, playing on the company softball team many years ago:


Gavin, thanks a bunch for the trade!!

5 comments:

  1. Cool cards! They compare favorably to the originals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Gavin's customs! That bobble head card is especially cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're not shiny, but I really like the white bordered '91 Fleer's. That first Bowman card is really great too. I didn't know that Gavin was doing anything with that set.

    ReplyDelete