Friday, March 22, 2024

I went to spring training and all I got was a Yankee

 Yep, I went to spring training for a couple of days in the Phoenix area.  It was my brother's way of helping me get away from my recent stress, I think.  He insisted on paying for most everything, which both was great, and kind of stunk.  I think you know what I mean.  

We saw the Mariners-White Sox and Giants-Rockies.  Not the most exciting teams, but we just wanted to see some ball.  Got to watch some batting practice up close, Julio Rodriguez mostly.

It was a great time.  One of the things my brother insisted on buying was a couple of packs of the new Topps flagship.  Since I don't buy packs, it was my first close up look.  I guess I agree with the majority of people I have heard, that the new design is kinda cool.  Mostly I just like that it is different, and not so boring as the last few years.

I didn't get much in my packs, but it is strange to me that I finally, after so many years of hearing about him, now have a Jasson Dominguez RC!!  Lol!



10 comments:

  1. Eh. Julio Rodriguez BP >>>>>> Jasson Dominguez card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The Dominguez cracks me up a little though.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got to see some ball. It's not every day that you get to see Julio hit up close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool that you were able to catch some Spring games. The Jasson Dominguez RC is cool, especially after all the hype that was circulating around him. It stinks he's out indefinitely due to a bum elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great trip with your brother. I'd love to go to Spring Training one of these years, but my two breaks never line up with MLB's schedule. Hopefully when I retire, it'll become an annual thing though. Even cooler is if I can drag my brothers down there with me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always wanted to go make a Spring Training trip - would love to see someone like Julio Rodriguez take BP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Spring Training games in Florida for a few years. There are few things quite a relaxing as watching batting practice/fielding drills on a beautiful March day. (Relaxing other than having to watch for where the balls get hit! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice of your brother to host your Spring Training. And yes, I know what you mean about it being both great and not so great.

    ReplyDelete