Saturday, September 5, 2020

Drawing time!!

 OK, that second try went a lot differently than the original post!! 


I got 13 entries into the drawing for the 2020 Donruss Divisions 'case hit'.  12 commenters and one emailer.

Before the randomizations, I learned a couple of things:

1. Give people time.  Not everyone reads blogs every day, and there are a lot of blogs to read!
2. Make the effort at the same level as the prize.  This card is OK, but not amazing.  Asking people to do much more than comment probably wasn't realistic.  Especially after we have all been conditioned by the 'free card' posts that have been rampant over the last 6 months.
3. Bloggers are very respectful of others.  Several said they were interested, but didn't want to take away from a 'true fan' of one of the teams.
4. Night Owl really hates the Padres, Giants, D-backs and Rockies!! Just kidding Greg!


Anyway, I put the 13 entries into random.org in the order they came in, and here are the three randomizations:

First pass...



Second pass...



And the third pass and the winner...




Congratulations to gcrl!!  The card will get sent out early next week (with our already in progress trade!  Saves me postage, nice.)  Thanks to all who participated, I appreciate it.

11 comments:

  1. You may be kidding, but I really DO hate the Padres, Giants, D-backs and Rockies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I couldn't bring myself to call you out like that!

      Delete
  2. I was gonna say...if you didn't know #4 by now, you must have just emerged from a cave or something :) Thank you for the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't enter just because it wasn't a card I needed at all, but I think it's all fair what you mentioned. Usually the more complicated a contest is, the more barriers to entry. I've done it too, and I bet many others have as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shot! Congrats gcrl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations GCRL! I try to stay on top of blog posts... but that usually means I read a post a day or two after the post has been published.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey now! Can't wait to see this thing in person. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete