Sunday, January 30, 2022

Anyone want to card draft?

 OK, here is an idea I want to try, let me know if you are interested.  If I get enough interest, I will do an official sign up post.

This would be a PWE based share/draft.  Here is how I see it working:

1. A set number of people would get to participate (I'm thinking 6-8 including myself myself)

2. Each person participating sends a 9 card PWE to me with the 9 cards they are donating to the draft

3. Once I have all the cards, I scan them and make a draft post where they can all be seen

4. We do a randomization of the participants to determine draft order

5. In order, we draft the cards each of us want from the available cards until they are gone.  I guess we'd just do this in the comments unless someone can think of a better way.

6. I PWE the 9 cards each of you drafted back out to you


I am hoping enough people collect a wide variety like I do, and would find this fun.  I know team collectors might not be as interested because there is no guarantee that many of their preferred team would be available.  But regular group breaks are already out there for team collectors, this would cater to a different crowd.

It seems to me that doing it this way keeps the risk low.  All you are putting up is 9 cards that you aren't emotionally tied to, and the PWE to get them to me.  Sure, you might not be able to draft 9 cards that are totally amazing to you, but hopefully there would be some fun ones.

So what do you think?  Any interest?  Any questions or things that I need to think through to make this work?

10 comments:

  1. I'm interested. Though I'd want it limited to baseball, football, and basketball. And I'd want a condition requirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in this as well. Sounds like a fun thing to do with my extra cards. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be interested if it's mostly or all baseball. I don't really collect other sports.

    Perhaps we should also add requirements such as each person must submit at least one hit, or at least one hall of famer, or no junk wax...not saying it needs to be any of these, just something to think about. I don't envision anyone sending in a bunch of 1987 Topps commons but I can see how that might be a concern to some people, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tentatively interested as well, esp. if it's all baseball (like Brett, I don't really collect other sports).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it could be fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Might be fun. I'd be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds fun, and I'd be in for any sport.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Count me in if you have any room left. Would this be a snake draft?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea, but don't imagine that there'd be much for me.

    ReplyDelete