Thursday, August 24, 2023

Weird Griffey

 Help me out folks!  I recently acquired this Ken Griffey card that is pretty strange.  It appears to be a 1995 Flair 'Hot Glove' insert.  Pretty sharp card:

And here is the back, everything seems to be in order:


But you may have noticed that while the embossing of the glove in the background is there (the card feels bumpy along the contours of the glove), some of the etching that should be here is missing.  Here is a pic from COMC.com of how the card 'should' look:

Mine is missing the "Flair" logo and the "Hot Glove" and player name in the lower left.  Anyone seen anything like that?  I have not, maybe it's rare enough that some Griffey super collector would trade me some good stuff for it!!



8 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm guessing it missed the foil step considering what's missing on your card. Printing error, but some folks do like collecting those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Good luck figuring it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, people still come here even though I never post!! Wow. Yeah, I guess I knew it was a printing error. But sometimes someone knows a story or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I've got nothing about this card. What I do know is that pretty much any Griffey error card should bring you a good haul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wouldn't surprise me if you got your wish. I found some misprinted Topps inserts a few years ago and listed them on eBay. They sold for silly prices. With Griffey's popularity... there's gotta be a handful who would love to add something this unique to their collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card. If I had anything really good to trade, I'd probably try to get it from you. As it is though, I think you'd do really well with this on eBay. Junior has a lot of supercollectors, and those folks tend to have very deep pockets, and therefor wouldn't mind ponying up for something unique like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! Wished I could add it

    ReplyDelete