Monday, April 15, 2024

A *rare, and I missed it

Super quick post tonight...


If you caught one of my recent posts, you might remember that there was a decent table with most cards priced at 50 cents or lower.  I picked up a bunch of Stadium Club parallels and some other nice cards.  I left out of my post that I grabbed a number of Corbin Carroll RC's from Topps Holiday form that same table.  They were all just sitting together, marked at 25 cents each and I grabbed them all without much thought.


 Well as I was putting them away today, I noticed that one was different....  a variation!


Turns out this is the 'Rare' variation for Carroll, these were seeded one in 20 packs.  Not bad for a quarter!

I can't say I am amazed with the effort Topps went to with these.  The added graphics (in this case, lights around his neck) are a little hokey.  But what do I expect from a Holiday set, I guess.

8 comments:

  1. You found much better bargains at your show than I did at mine. Nice Corbin Carroll Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, pretty good find for a quarter, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking card of a great young player! I opened a whole blaster of Topps Holiday and completely overlooked all the short prints the first two times sorting them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice find. My eyes are so bad... unless I know I need to be looking for a variation... I'll most likely miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find! Seller's loss is your gain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very easy to overlook the short prints in Holiday release! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel any better, I would've skipped right by the card altogether had I been looking through the box that it was in.

    ReplyDelete