Monday, April 8, 2024

Cheap box returns

 Lately the cheap boxes have been disappointing for me.  I have still been able to find some stuff, but I have had to dig a lot harder lately.  This last show was a lot of the same until I was about ready to leave, and stumbled across a father/son table with a 'priced as marked' box.  Most of that kind of boxes at my local show are extremely overpriced, so I usually skip them.  Luckily, this one turned out to be worth my time.

I won't say they were really amazing deals, but I do like Stadium Club a lot, and there were a lot of them in there.

All foil variations here, Red, Black and Orange.  Some nice shots, and a lot of fun.


More of the same, I have seen that Berra on another blog somewhere, that's a photo for the ages!  Makes me wish regular Stadium Club had refractors, I would like a refractor of that.

There was some non-Club stuff too...
The Rutschman Candy Cane variation, serial numbered Acuna, #'d Reggie and #'d Munson all feel like steals to me.  The Bo Jackson is a ceramic card, and cost me a dollar.  The Deion in a Chicago hat is from Heritage Minors, and is kind of cool.  I got 2 of those, for a dime each.  Anyone want the other copy?

And my 'big' purchase of the day cost $3.

What a thick, heavy card this is, and serialed /736 to boot.  Fun addition.

Here it is from the side to show the thickness...


Thanks for reading!

10 comments:

  1. Wow that Musial is thiccc! Does Topps even make jumbo packs big enough to hide those, or are they individually sealed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these but that shiny Munson is definitely a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really impressed with a dealer who takes the time to make pricing labels for .25 and .50 cent cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome deals on the Stadium Club. I have really liked the Stadium Club brand over the past few years. But my favorite of all the cards is that George Brett. I am collecting the single player foil cards from 2023 Archives and had not seen the Brett one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to get serial numbered stars for 50c apiece. And the Berra is a photo for the ages.

    How much does the Musial card weigh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the ring is embedded into the card... like a shadow box. And it's always fun finding those ceramic rookie cards from the 90's... especially when they're cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can think when I see that chunky card is "There's no way that that's gonna fit in a page!" :)

    ReplyDelete