Thursday, April 4, 2024

Serial Contest winner

I'm going to take this opportunity to mention again that I have recently moved, so if you want my new address, let me know.  I really should get a mass email out to everyone, but I haven't yet, and I am not sure I will anytime soon, so... 


If you read this blog much, you just know I'm going to write a little about trivial numbers stuff before announcing the winner, so if you can't wait, shoot down the page and look.  But come back up and read my crap!

OK, we ended up having 23 total guesses.  Lots of good ones.  One huge outlier.  I am not sure if it was a fat finger, or a real guess, but Rod from Padrographs guess was larger than ALL of the other 22 guesses combined.  

If I take out Rod's guess, and average the rest, we come out a little higher than the correct number.  The average guess was 87250.  

And now, I guess I should just get to it.  The winner....  well I feel a little bad about this one.  I shouldn't, but I do.  You see, we had one commenter who made a guess.  Then updated his guess with another comment.  And then updated it again.  He specifically stated that the third guess was his official guess.  And.... no, he didn't win.

But his original guess WOULD have won, had he not revised it!

Which leaves the winner of the 140 serial numbered cards to be...



With a guess of 66555...
















The Lost Collector!!!!!


The actual correct total of the serial numbers was 65707....

Thanks to everyone who participated, and AJ, if you don't mind shooting me your current address, it has been a while since I sent anything your way and would hate to send it to the wrong place!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats Lost Collector! Really close guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations AJ, nice job! And thanks again Kevin for a very cool contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, no kidding! Thanks for the cool contest. I will send my address!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! This was a fun contest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! No.... Oh well. Serial numbered stuff isn't really my thing anyway. Good job to the Lost Collector.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Lost Collector and thanks again for the contest!

    ReplyDelete