Sunday, February 20, 2022

Thank you post and draft update

 ***I'm still anxiously awaiting one last PWE to get the card draft going.  Since Monday is a no-mail holiday, it will be Tuesday at the earliest before the cards will be up and ready to view.  I will get them up asap.  I'm assuming that will be on Tuesday, and I want to give you a day before the actual draft to prepare lists, so I am guessing tentatively Wednesday.  I will send out an email to all the participants to give details.***


Three great packages arrived in my mailbox recently.

Jon over at Penny Sleeves recently reached out to me about a couple of cards he had that I didn't.  Specifically, cards I had been blogging about needing.  The Carlton/Ryan completes my run of Ryan Strikeout leaders cards!!!

Always appreciated Jon!


Elliptical Man held a Super Easy Super Bowl prediction contest.  And of course I won due to my incredible excess of skills.  Here are my winnings.  Plenty of star power here, hard to argue with a Prizm of a likely HOF TE (Olsen), but my favorites are the older Chrome on the bottom row.  Love old Chrome!

And the last one, you have been seeing these pop up all over the blogs, was from Nick at Dime Boxes!  He knows how to celebrate 10 years of blogging, that's for sure!!
I picked too many, and now I feel like a greedy, no good, selfish so and so.  But I have also given away a lot of cards recently, hopefully I can get back to feeling good about myself.  The cards I claimed sure check a lot of my collecting boxes!

Sets I like (chrome, metal)
Oddballs
Rookies
Shiny
Low numbered cards
Unique photos
Favorites from my youth (Carew, Gooden, Strawberry)

Nick was also kind enough to throw in these 2 extras, a great Jonothan India RC and a DJ Lemaheiu RC from my want lists!  Thanks a ton Nick, and congrats on 10 years.

Gotta love card bloggers!! Thanks guys!

6 comments:

  1. Yay for card bloggers! Way better than card tweeters, instagrammers and facebookers!

    Looking forward to the draft. Still a bit concerned about not being around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't understand that Pettis card. He's supposed to be holding the card in the photo, but how is that even possible.

    Lankford's from my home-town.

    The Ohtani RC, Coca Cola Kingman, and Jordan stand out. And the All-Star Carew if it's an original and not a reprint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not feel bad *at all* for claiming the cards you did! You (and everyone else who participated in the giveaway) are doing me a favor by giving them a good home. Way better than having 'em sit around in random boxes for god knows how long! Very glad you claimed the Capps too. Felt weird having a 1/1 just collecting dust around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been seeing all of the stuff people claimed from Nick... and realizing... he gave away some really cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You claimed some fantastic cards from Nick! The Football PWE and Ryan/Carlton are nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really went to town on that free stuff! I think you've done more than enough to have earned it though :)

    ReplyDelete