Friday, March 4, 2022

Nice chaps, Nolan

PSA:  I am planning on putting up another Card Draft sign up post on Sunday. If you are interested, please check back and sign up on the official sign up post! I "think" I am going to specify a day for the draft so that people can plan ahead and only sign up if they know they can make it.  I am also going to open it up to people who weren't in the last draft first, though if it doesn't get filled in a day or two, I will likely let those guys grab a spot.  If you feel like giving feedback, would you prefer a weekday evening or a weekend afternoon for a draft like this?


Looking through a box of cards I found in my garage (that sure makes for a good day!), I came across this Nolan Ryan oddball thing.  Numbered /2500 and with some weird colored foil, I thought it was fun but ultimately didn't have a place in my collection.

Then I found another one.  And another one.  And another one!  I just kept finding them.  Turns out these are 1993 Bleachers - Promos, Spectrafoil version from the East Coast National.  I like to imagine some kid going around asking everyone for their free copy and hoarding them.  Maybe that's it, or maybe the truth is less glamorous, but either way, I now have 16 of them!!


 

Only 2484 to go, I guess.

6 comments:

  1. I'd prefer weekday evening, but I have to wait to see if I'm eligible.

    Seems like the Ryans were all handed out in the same place, so I can see the 'limited print run' being legit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting card, never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try and get in on the next one. Weekends work best for me, but week nights after 7pm are probably fine, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nolan Ryan definitely has some of the weirdest oddballs ever made. I think I have one of him wearing a cape & a cowboy hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for the card draft (I got my cards a couple days ago and expect to post pics of them soon). That was my first-ever card draft and it was great! I think it's a great idea too to give those who weren't in the first one a chance to be in the second one. Of course, I'd like to participate in the second one too if there's room (perhaps expand it?). fwiw, pretty much any day of the week works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. The second 90's East Coast National promo card post today. Very cool. Love 90's promo cards.

    ReplyDelete