Monday, October 30, 2023

Quirky Show Pickups

 Well it looks like whatever Blogger was doing to keep my posts from getting seen is over, thank you to those who provided me some feedback.  Back to the normal...


The cheap boxes were not overly kind at my most recent show. I think the dealers in my area are either running out of stuff I like, or just putting it in the more expensive boxes.  But I will stick to my strategy for now!

Here are a few things that I grabbed out of a dime box:

The Koufax is a prizm, so that was a fun find.  The Judge is from the "2020 Topps X Super 70s" set and the Robert is from "2020 Topps Throwback Thursday's", supposedly 1665 produced. 

Other than the Randy Johnson, I don't think any of these will make it into my keepers, but they sure were fun for thin dimes.

The Alonso in the lower left corner is a custom art card #d /25 from Team Brinkz.  Here's the back.
It is not something I would want to pay real money for, but at a dime, it was a very fun find.





Then here are three cards from 2020 Topps Brooklyn Collection.  Whatever that is!!  Some kind of Montgomery Club exclusive.  I did a little math based on the info on baseballcardpedia.com and it looks like there are probably about 320 copies of each base card out there.  So these aren't super common.  I had never seen them before!

Again, not something I really need, but they are limited, and kind of cool.  Maybe I will throw them into the next card draft I put together (Thanks to Chris for reminding me I need to do that!)


Here are some of my favorite oddball type cards I got:
Yes that top row is more of the "2020 Topps Throwback Thursday's" set.  Weird.  I quite like the Molitor, we don't get that food issue around my part of the country.

What's up with a beat up Bud Harrelson, you ask?  Well, it is actually folded up.  When you unfold it, you get this:


Totally hammered, but a 75 Pete Rose in a panel for a dime?  Worth it just for the giggles!

Thanks for reading!

9 comments:

  1. Several quality candidates, but the winner is Rickey.

    (I also like the Rose, the Montgomery Club trio, the Randy Johnson, and the Kris Bryant.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never seen anything like that '75 Topps "panel," I wonder if it was issued like that (maybe a magazine insert?) or it's some homemade thing. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Night Owl - never seen a '75 panel before. Wonder what the story is there...

    Throwback Thursdays for a dime is unbelievable! I get giddy if I find one for a buck on COMC & don't think I've ever seen any in the wild at a card show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I have enjoyed seeing unique Rickey Henderson cards and that one in the top row is right up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of cool looking cards here! Randy Johnson on a fire truck has to be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of neat cards! That Bryant is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gotta be the most unique photo of Sandy Koufax to ever appear on a card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little bit late to the party. Nonetheless, love the Kris Bryant card! And it's always nice to grab an Ichiro.

    If you don't know me, check out my blog:
    doncardwelllovesthisblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete