Monday, January 18, 2021

Roiding with Barry

In a previous post, I mentioned that I am going to try to complete my Steroids Project, and I am going to be spotlighting the players on that list one by one.  Today it is the Big Bopper, Barry Bonds! 

For those of you who don't know how I am doing this, I will be attempting to get:

-the entire Topps base run (flagship) from each players playing career.
-a relic or autograph of each player
-4 nine pocket sheets of the 'coolest' cards I can find of each player.  Think refractors, die-cuts and colorful stuff.  Rare and serial numbered could make the cut too!


Here is what I need for Bonds:

Topps Base Needs:

2004
2005

Not too many!  Mostly thanks to Jeremy of Topps Cards that Never Were!  He sent an amazing package that knocked off a ton of Topps run needs for this project!

Relic or Auto card - Need one!

Sheets of Coolness: Below is what I have so far for Barry.  Can you beat any of these?  Then let's talk trade! 

Good solid page here.  The most likely to be swapped out for something better are the Bleachers and Team Pinnacle cards.  I'd say the top row is pretty safe though.


Another decent page.  I'd love to have some cards that pop a little more, but hard to argue with any of these making the final cut.  I love the Lords of the Diamond set, even though this one didn't scan great, and was very happy to have doubles of that card so it could make the project.


This page is the class of the Barrys for me!  Every card on this page is a sure thing to make the project.  If pressed, I would say that my favorites are the Final Answer in the upper left, the #1 die cut in the dead center spot and the Hall Bound die cut right next to it.  The Aaron and the Moonshots cards are right there too.



The last page isn't bad at all.  The Line Up Time on the middle row is a little bland.  The 2K card on the bottom row too.  And several others on this page could easily get bumped.

But overall, the Barry pages might be the most complete of any so far.  As always, if you have any cards you'd like to trade me for anyone in the Steroids Project, feel free to reach out!

5 comments:

  1. Or, as he was known in fantasy baseball, Giants Outfielder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Race to Aaron card. That set is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I can find it, I think I might have one that would make the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cant.ever go wrong with 95 flair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Topps Hall Bound Die Cut. Really, there are so many great cards here. This brought back some memories.

    ReplyDelete