Tuesday night at 7:57 PM Pacific time, Steve Drennen picked Joaquin Andujar and Glenn Hubbard!! You might have guessed by now that this is the correct answer! Thanks a ton to all who participated, and stay tuned, because if I can round up some more battered stuff, I may do this again soon. Congrats Steve, and e-mail me your address so I can send out your winnings!
Now that I have your attention, here's the rules. Keep in mind that these rules were devised by my 12 year old son.
1. The object of this contest is to name 2 MLB players (past or present) that I have pre-selected. For example, you could name Babe Ruth and Miguel Cabrera. You would not be right, but that would be a valid guess.
2. The first one to guess both players (in a single comment) gets all the cards above!
3. You must comment on this post for the guess to count. No e-mail or guesses on other posts will be accepted.
4. You get 1 guess a day. Extras will be ignored.
Hints will be given on a daily basis. I doubt anyone will get the two players on day one, but you could get lucky. So, ready to go??? Here are the 1st hints:
1. Both players were born outside the United States.
2. Both made at least 1 All-Star team each.
3. Both were born in the 1950's.
4. The 2 players played different positions.
5. 1 of the players was guessed more than once on Day 1 of the contest. The other was not guessed at all.
6. Neither player ever hit over 12 home runs in a season.7. Both players played in both leagues during their careers.