Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Post for Today

I grew up reading a ton about players from the 20's to the 60's.  It seemed like the golden age of baseball according to the biographers of players like Willie Mays, Babe Ruth, Roberto Clemente and Ted Williams.  And I always wanted cards of these great players, but that was just a pipe dream.  Wasn't going to happen!  Fast forward to now...

Cards of my old heroes are now widely available. Reprints and throwback sets are everywhere.  It's great in one sense, as I can now get nice looking cards of all the old guys.  But I may have accumulated too many...

So today's prize is a big ol stack of 'modern cards of vintage players'.

As usual, if you don't know what I'm talking about, or don't know the rules, you really need to go to this post and read the rules so you don't get disqualified.
Here is the stack!
I quickly went through and grabbed nine cards I felt like were some of the better ones.  You may disagree, depending on your tastes or team affiliation!


And below are pics of the rest.  My camera wouldn't take a decent pic, so they are all blurry.  I hope it gives you an idea though...





Comment away!

Here are links to the other day's if you need them:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 (today)

12 comments: