Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - The 1 year plan

Dang!!  I wrote most of this a couple of weeks ago, thinking it might be fun, then come back from my hiatus to see EVERY other blogger out there has done it and most WAAAAYY better than me!  I'm such a noob.  Oh well, here goes...

The King!!

My first year (not complete, but I'm calling it a year!) of blogging was a mixed bag for me.  It was a lot of fun, but I realized that I don't have the juice needed to make this a great blog and have already settled for being one of the masses.  And I'm OK with that, at least I'm not ready to hang em up yet!

But I DO need to get better, so with the new year, I decided to create some features and projects that will keep me interested and hopefully interest you the reader as well.  So here they are!!!

1. Personal Collection updates - every time I add a card to my personal collection, I will post about that card and why I like it enough to add to my PC.  Then at the end of the year, I will have a record of my 'PC Year in Collecting'.  I think it would be valuable for me to see what a year brings me.  I'd also have to justify each addition to the blogging world!  Talk about pressure!

Edit: also define my Personal Collection(s) precisely

2. Diamond King Monthly Feature - C'mon, I AM the Diamond King!  In this feature, I will take one Diamond Kings set or subset and explore it in detail.  Y'all don't appreciate Diamond Kings enough!!  Learn and Love!!

3. Trade Tributes area - I want to make a sidebar list (or something similar) with all the bloggers I have traded with this year.  Not very original, I know, but it would help me keep track of all the trades, similar to #1 above.  Plus, linking to bloggers who help me out is only right.

4. Constantly upgrade my wantlists - I am not easy enough to trade with.  Check out my wantlists and see why.  I don't really care much for the brand new releases (other than a bit of curiosity), which makes things even harder.  And my wantlists are a mess, too vague and general, but at the same time, picky and messy.  I hate my wantlists.  Bad wantlists!!!  Look for improvements soon including...

5. Refractor Chase - I have decided to chase refractors this year!  But not any refractors.  I DON'T want Bowman Draft unless it is a 'known' player.  I also ONLY want refractors from 2008 and before (again, unless it's a 'known' player).  Why?  Because I said so, that's why!  Other than that, I am going to see how many refractors I can accumulate this year.  Obviously, the older the better, but any will do.  Baseball and Basketball for now, base and inserts.  Bring it on!!!  Think I can get 1000???  I have 23 at the moment...

Edit: the refractor chase will be exempt from the Personal Collection updates above.  If I hope to get 1000 refractors, that would be more posting than I am willing to take on!


6. 150 Posts - for most of you, this would be a lazy man's goal, but this year I did 135 posts and really ran out of steam at the end.  So I'm doing the baby steps thing.  More posts, hopefully higher quality.


So that's the plan.  Hold me to it guys!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent goals! Good luck and have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals... I'm really looking forward to your Diamond King posts, they're easily the best subset of the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I always check out new posts.

    ReplyDelete