Monday, May 27, 2013

Because it was a Nickel - Part 9

Nickel-Box, Day 9!!  If you have no idea what this is all about, go here for the original post.

28 days of Nickle-Box!!  None of these cards are really anything I need for my collection, so if anyone is interested in any of them, hit me up for a spot in my PWE project!  Here is day 9:
1985 Drakes Dwight Gooden RC

Why I bought it:  It was a nickel!  Dwight was one player who had me in awe right from the start.  Soooo dominating soooo young.  Nolan Ryan and Steve Carlton were fighting over the career strikeout record at this time, but it looked like Doc would give them a run for their money.  I grabbed this card without even knowing it was from 1985, simply because it was a cool oddball Doc!  The more I think about it, I might end up keeping this one!  And it was a a nickel!!

Stay tuned for the rest of the series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment