Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Because it was a Nickel - Part 11

Nickel-Box, Day 11!!  It all started here many posts ago.

28 days of Nickle-Box!!  None of these cards are really anything I need for my collection, so if anyone is interested in any of them, hit me up for a spot in my PWE project!  Here is day 11:
1982 Fleer Jack Morris

Why I bought it:  It was a nickel!  It just looks great in a very 'early Fleer' sort of way.  Horrible cropping, unless you notice how nicely his elbow is centered.  The weird, nebulous blob behind his head makes it look like his hat is casting a shadow.  In fact the whole background seems weird.  The chain link fence over green (grass?) fading directly into light blue (sky?), and the grass to the left of the glove is higher than the grass to the right of the glove.  I smell airbrushing.  Great card!!!  And it was a nickel!!

Stay tuned for the rest of the series!!

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10

2 comments:

  1. Best part about those Fleers (besides the dreadful centering) is they hired photographers with no clue how to focus a camera. Man - they are some of the blurriest pieces of cardboard ever printed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of those cards from the next set I hope to work on collecting. I don't know why but I love the look of the 82 Fleers.

    ReplyDelete