Wednesday, May 6, 2020

BFG - DK Item #1



Welcome to the Big Fun Game - Diamond King style!

These next 3 sections will be included on each post during the game...



Updates from DK - Anything that needs to be said, including any DK$ that need to be awarded.

Proposed change:
I want to switch the evening time for posts from 9PM PST to 7PM PST.  This is because 9PM PST is midnight for our east coast players.  To be clear, this would mean that we will still have 2 items up for bid each day, one at 9AM PST and the other at 7PM PST.  I do not want to make this change unless everyone is on board.  Please leave in the comments if you are good with this.




Gotta get that DK$ - This will be an opportunity to answer/guess at a question.  If you are the first to get it right, you can earn some extra DK$! (DK$ won this way cannot be used until the next item)

Question: I have a RC of a not-quite Hall Of Fame pitcher. On that card, someone scribbled on his face.  Who is the Pitcher?
Hints: 1. He has something named after him outside of the baseball profession.  2. The RC has more than one rookie on it. 3. the card is from the first half of the 60's.

3 DK$ to the first player to leave the correct answer in the comments.


The Hidden 10 - There are 10 things that I have identified that can or will happen during our BFG.  Whenever one of them is achieved by a player, I will uncover it here:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.



And now, what you have been waiting for, here is Item 1 for your bidding consideration!


Gotta pay homage to the title of this blog, and start out with some Diamond Kings inserts!!!  Hopefully you can see enough to judge condition if that is important.  Wouldn't want you to feel like you spent your DK$ unwisely!

The only one that is serial numbered is the White Sox timeline card, /1000.

I really like the team timeline set from these two years.  I have the complete set of the 2003's.  I also have the complete DK Evolution set that the Maddux is part of.  It's a weird concept, it takes 2 pics of the player, one younger and one older, and uses the Sportsflix method to move between them as you move the card around.

Bidding on this item will end at 9PM PST on Wednesday 5/6.

13 comments:

  1. I'm terrible at sports trivia, but I'll go ahead and guess Tommy John. And I can't speak for everyone else, but earlier times are certainly better for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For not being good at it, you sure nailed it. Tommy John is correct. You have an extra 3 DK$!

      Delete
  2. I'll get the bidding started... and go with 1 DK$.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saying hello. Going to save my DK$ for the Trout RC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm good with the time change. Holding my DK$ for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m fine with the time change.

    I’m going to bid $2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ryan. You just earned an extra 1 DK$ by getting one of the 'Hidden 10'. The 'Hidden 10' you got was 'Do a 1 DK$ increment bid (not the starting bid)'

      Delete
  6. Night owl asks what is wrong with midnight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Asking what's wrong with midnight is like asking what is wrong with the Dodgers...

      Nothing is actually wrong with either midnight or the Dodgers, but those Giants fans are soooo nit picky! (sorry Giants fans!)

      Delete
  7. I'm following along and lurking, either time is good for me. It's been fun so far!

    ReplyDelete