Friday, May 8, 2020

BFG - DK Item 6



Welcome to the Big Fun Game - Diamond King style!

These next 3 sections will be included on each post during the game...



Updates from DK

OK, the winner of the Mystery Box was The Angels in Order!  Click on the Mystery Box below to see what he won!!

Well, the theme of this one has to be miscuts!  9 of the cards are off centered, bummer!!  Hopefully the Mattinglys make up for some of that!


Winners so far...
Item 1 - Diamond Kings - Ryan G - 2 DK$
Item 2 - Oddballs - Sports Card Collectors - 12 DK$
Item 3 - Pucketts - Fuji - 15 DK$
Item 4 - Basketball - The Lost Collector - 45 DK$
Item 5 - Surprise - The Angels in Order - 52 DK$




Gotta get that DK$ - This will be an opportunity to answer/guess at a question.  If you are the first to get it right, you can earn some extra DK$! (DK$ won this way cannot be used until the next item)

Question: What do cards number 136, 331, 579 in the 1964 Topps set have in common?  This one might go quick!

First correct answer wins 2 DK$.

The Hidden 10 - There are 10 things that I have identified that can or will happen during our BFG.  Whenever one of them is achieved by a player, I will uncover it here:

1. Mention another contestant by name in a comment - worth 1 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
2.
3. Buy/Sell something that was won (both players) - worth 5 DK$ each - won by The Angels in Order and Sport Card Collectors
4. Snipe a win (bid in the last 2 minutes for the win) - worth 3 DK$ - won by The Lost Collector
5.
6.
7.
8. Make a 1 DK$ increment bid (not the first bid on an item) - worth 1 DK$ - won by Ryan G
9. Bid more than one time on a single item. - worth 4 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
10.



And now, what you have been waiting for, here is Item 6 for your bidding consideration!


Some Texas flame throwers!  We got the Ryan Express on all 4 of his teams.  The Oswalts may not be as highly prized, but one is numbered /291 and the other is a pretty cool looking game worn jersey card.  Very shiny!

Bidding on this item will end at 9AM PST on Saturday 5/9

16 comments:

  1. Let's do this Ryan! I'll bid 11 DK$. Lol. Yup... I'm the guy who raises 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happens if I bid, say... $11.01?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, 1 DK$ increments! There are no DK pennies in this world, heh heh.

      Delete
    2. I figured as much! All I really need from this lot is the relic, it lets do lucky $13

      Delete
    3. Hmmm. I'm interested in the Ryans for SumoMenkoMan. Not sure if this is illegal or not (collusion/insider trading)... but if I stop bidding... want to make a deal for them?

      Delete
    4. I think we have an agreement!

      Delete
    5. Good thing the DK cops are really into their donuts this morning! Never took Fuji for a mobster, scheming and thinking he's above the law. No, that is totally fine. Though I will laugh if somebody else snipes the lot from you guys!

      Delete
    6. I'm a teacher... so I follow the rules. Glad to hear it's okay. If it wasn't, I would have played by the rules.

      Delete
    7. Ryan agreed to sell me the Nolan Ryans for 7 DK$ :)

      Delete
  3. How come everything I bid on is always just me vs Fuji? Fuji can have the Nolans as he said!

    ReplyDelete