Friday, May 8, 2020

BFG - DK Item 5



Welcome to the Big Fun Game - Diamond King style!

These next 3 sections will be included on each post during the game...



Updates from DK - Anything that needs to be said, including any DK$ that need to be awarded

Finally some higher bids going out, I was getting concerned that I'd never get all those DK$ back!  My favorite part was Sport Card Collectors bidding 5 times, with 2 of those bids outbidding himself!  Great moments, thanks!  I wish I would have thought about putting 'outbid yourself' in the Hidden 10!

I'm glad to see so much interest in the basketball, I was worried that they might be a flop.

The Lost Collector scored 3 DK$ for winning Hidden 10 #4, 'Snipe a win (bid in the last 2 minutes for the win)'.

Fuji win's the 'Trivia' from Item 4 for 3 DK$.  My daughter his .502, 124 hits in 247 at bats.

Winners so far...
Item 1 - Diamond Kings - Ryan G - 2 DK$
Item 2 - Oddballs - Sports Card Collectors - 12 DK$
Item 3 - Pucketts - Fuji - 15 DK$
Item 4 - Basketball - The Lost Collector - 45 DK$




Gotta get that DK$ - This will be an opportunity to answer/guess at a question.  If you are the first to get it right, you can earn some extra DK$! (DK$ won this way cannot be used until the next item)

No question this time, but DK$ are available...


**This post only**  Any player who wants to can leave the name of another player (and only their name) in a comment on this post.  The first name left in a comment will get 1 DK$.  The next name to be left will get 2 DK$.  The next get's 3 DK$.  And so on until either nobody is willing to give away DK$ that could be bid against them, or (unlikely), every player has gotten DK$.  Once a player has been named, they cannot be named again.  Once the item has closed, at 7PM PST on Friday 5/8, no more names will count either.

Kind of a social experiment.  I'm interested to see if the generosity of the blogosphere carries over to this game, especially when your generosity could cost you when someone else has enough DK$ to outbid you down the line.

Please use the names that we comment under.  I know many of us know other players by their real life names, but others don't and I don't want any additional confusion.  So let's use these names, if you dare:

Bulldog
Chris
Fuji
Jon
night owl
Ryan G
Sport Card Collectors
The Angels In Order
The Lost Collector


The Hidden 10 - There are 10 things that I have identified that can or will happen during our BFG.  Whenever one of them is achieved by a player, I will uncover it here:

1. Mention another contestant by name in a comment - worth 1 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
2.
3. Buy/Sell something that was won (both players) - worth 5 DK$ each - won by The Angels in Order and Sport Card Collectors
4. Snipe a win (bid in the last 2 minutes for the win) - worth 3 DK$ - won by The Lost Collector
5.
6.
7.
8. Make a 1 DK$ increment bid (not the first bid on an item) - worth 1 DK$ - won by Ryan G
9. Bid more than one time on a single item. - worth 4 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
10.



And now, what you have been waiting for, here is Item 5 for your bidding consideration!


Yup, a Mystery Box!!  Anyone brave enough to risk it???  The bidding has been pretty tentative so far, so I  am not expecting this to go for a big DK$ number, but you never know.  This is prize number 5, who knows how many there could be.......

Bidding on this item will end at 7PM PST on Friday 5/8

32 comments:

  1. I will leave The Lost Collector for my name for sniping from me but showing no hard feelings lol

    I will also bid 10 DK on this mystery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say Sport Card Collector so he can have a few extra DK$ to snipe me back.

      Delete
    2. DK, at some point can you post an updated "who has how many left". I think I know mind, but would appreciate it. Or maybe that's on us to track. I don't know.

      Delete
    3. Lol, what a revenge!! 3 DK$ to Sport Card Collector!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because it was requested.... here are the current DK$ levels for each of you as of 10:03 AM PST today. These include the DK$ awarded to Lost Collector, Bulldog and Sport Card Collectors on this post so far.

    Player Current total
    Bulldog 102
    Chris 100
    Fuji 88
    Jon 103
    night owl 103
    Ryan G 99
    Sport Card Collectors 99
    The Angels In Order 107
    The Lost Collector 62

    If you think I have yours wrong, let me know and we can get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since no one's done so yet (for shame!), I'll go ahead and drop Chris' name into the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 DK$ and I'll namedrop Ryan G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. On another two notes, hopefully it’s not a mystery box of 1991 fleer baseball and if I can vote for another’s player I choose Jon. He hasn’t been mentioned and needs to be

      Delete
    2. 6 DK$ for Jon! And it's not 91 fleer, it's 91 Donruss. And the box is dented.

      Delete
    3. I was JK on the 1991 fleer by the way lol. I love mystery boxes! And glad I could do that for Jon!

      Delete
  7. (I should also note you have motivated me to try this on my blog down the road. I would have to tweak mine some but will get to it down the road.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good! I will be doing it again too, definitely with modifications as well. I look forward to seeing what modifications you do! But mine won't be right away, I gotta build up my stockl first!

      Delete
  8. I don’t see night owl’s name, so ... night owl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angels in Order is a good egg. He comments on my blog. I'm putting his name down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nobody said Fuji yet? I’m dropping his name too.

    ReplyDelete