Friday, May 15, 2020

Cards incoming - duck!

When you think of iconic cards, lots can come to mind.  Mantle rookies, Jordan rookies, Thurman Munson 1971 Topps, maybe even something a little funky like a Billy Ripken?

Well, high on my list is this Mickey Hatcher!!!  Even though it's obviously staged and very cheesy, I still love it.  I had the card as a kid and recently thought to put it on my wantlist.  And what do you know, everyone's friend grcl from Cards as I see Them popped up and sent it right over!!  Thanks grcl! 

Mickey is 6'2".  Mickey looks 4'2"!

Next up, an unsolicited PWE from Rod at Padrographs showed up.  W. O. W.!!  If you have been reading Rod lately, you know that he has made a TON of custom cards.  And this is one that is right up my alley!!  I looked it up, and according to TCDB.com, McGwire has ZERO Padres cards.  That makes this one that much more valuable to me.  Thanks Rod!!

And of course, can't forget Johnny from Johnny's Trading Spot!  These are my very cool winnings from his weekly Big Fun Game!!  He holds them every week, head over and check it out.

And more!!  Yes, I have been blessed via the post office lately!  These come courtesy of Jay over at Card Hemorrhage.  Quite a variety with three sports represented.  At first I was a little confused, since these guys don't really show up on my wantlist, but I am very pleased anyway! I especially like the Drexler shiny and the Torre.  I have several of the 68 Topps game inserts, and the Torre adds to that.
And even better, some sweet regional issues!  If you are from the southwest, you probably know this set, but here in the northwest, they are rare.  And a great selection too, Garber and personal fave Pascual Perez!!  Thanks Jay!



Thanks everyone and keep em coming!!

5 comments:

  1. Nice cards. The McGwire Padres custom is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bunch of oddball issues. And that McGwire custom by Rod is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That McGwire is great. That Drexler is a nice looking card as well. Pascuel Perez will always be a fan favorite for Braves fan. From getting lost driving to the ballpark on the night he was supposed to start and the epic brawl with Padres...he'll always be a Brave that'll make me smile when his name comes up.

    ReplyDelete