Friday, May 22, 2020

Cardpocalypse 3 plus Diamond 9 #14

Day 3 of the Cardpocalypse challenge!  Today's topic is:

Favorite football card in your collection

****If you are looking for the Diamond Nine, it's at the bottom of the post...****

Football cards are sort of a secondary collection for me.  Not that I dislike them, but when there are dime boxes of baseball and football, the baseball are the ones that get hit first and hardest.  But I do have a decent number of football cards, and it was super fun that this challenge prompted me to go look through them again!

Yesterday, I shared a bunch of different cards, but today it will only be one!  The card is my favorite football card for several reasons:


1. It's of one of the All Time Greats
2. It's one of my oldest football cards
3. How I got it.  My favorite dealer at the local show waited until I was about to leave the show a few years ago, and pulled me aside.  I still don't know what possessed him to do this, but he offered me a football card that I had expressed no interest in for a whopping $5.  And I couldn't pass it up!  





Here is my favorite football card in my collection:





Could anyone pass that up for $5??  I know it's beat up, but I felt pretty good that day.


Now, the Diamond Nine!

The rules:

9ish cards are up for grabs.  Free!  Just claim what you want.  If you like it, claim it and I will send it out within a few days in a PWE.  (I'm cheap, PWE's all the way!)  Or if you like, I'd be glad to hold your stack until you have a few claimed.

Leave your claim in the comments, first come, first served.  You will have to shoot me your mailing address the first time you claim something.  And the Jim Brown is NOT part of the Diamond Nine, LOL!!!



Been looking through the old rookie box.  Here is some of what I found for you.

9 comments:

  1. That jimmy Brown card is awesome. And for 5 bucks!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I claim the David Price and Matt Carpenter cards please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beat up or not... that James Brown for $5 is a sweet purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take chappy and Darvish. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with Fuji, $5 for that Jim Brown is a great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that I might know which dealer you got that from, and if I'm right, he's the same fellow who I got my Alcindor RC from for $20.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Jim Brown and about awesome story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If that Lester and Wainright is still available I'd give them a good home...thanks!

    ReplyDelete