Thursday, May 7, 2020

BFG - DK Item 4



Welcome to the Big Fun Game - Diamond King style!

These next 3 sections will be included on each post during the game...



Updates from DK - Anything that needs to be said, including any DK$ that need to be awarded

Angels in Order got Hidden 10 #1, 'Mention another contestant by name in a comment'.  He won 1 DK$.

Angels in Order and Sport Card Collectors BOTH scored 5 DK$ by triggering Hidden 10 #3, 'Buy/Sell something that was won (both players)'

The Lost Collector scored 3 DK$ for getting the Trivia on Item 3.

Winners so far...
Item 1 - Diamond Kings - Ryan G - 2 DK$
Item 2 - Oddballs - Sports Card Collectors - 12 DK$
Item 3 - Pucketts - Fuji - 15 DK$




Gotta get that DK$ - This will be an opportunity to answer/guess at a question.  If you are the first to get it right, you can earn some extra DK$! (DK$ won this way cannot be used until the next item)

Question: My daughter plays softball on an elite travel team in the 16u division.  The last 3 years, she has led her team in batting average and steals.  Not home runs, she's a singles hitter.  Guess what her batting average was last year.

One guess per contestant, closest wins 4 DK$.

The Hidden 10 - There are 10 things that I have identified that can or will happen during our BFG.  Whenever one of them is achieved by a player, I will uncover it here:

1. Mention another contestant by name in a comment - worth 1 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
2.
3. Buy/Sell something that was won (both players) - worth 5 DK$ each - won by The Angels in Order and Sport Card Collectors
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Make a 1 DK$ increment bid (not the first bid on an item) - worth 1 DK$ - won by Ryan G
9. Bid more than one time on a single item. - worth 4 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
10.



And now, what you have been waiting for, here is Item 4 for your bidding consideration!


We are going off the board!  Basketball??  Well I warned you in the initial post on this shindig that there would be surprises...

Mostly rookies.  The Kobe isn't a RC, but is an insert.  The Duncan and Pierce are kind of pre-rookies?

And since Mike is so hot right now...
No big money cards here, but still fun.

Bidding on this item will end at 9AM PST on Friday 5/8

27 comments:

  1. MJ? I'll start the bidding at 5 DK$! And my guess is .482 (Gwynn's Topps rookie card number).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I want to bid $18 DK. A lot of PC stuff for me here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to play The Price Is Right, I’m going with .546. Sorry Night Owl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Curses. Should have bid it all like I was going to lol

      Delete
    2. If interested, I will offer $60DK for this lot

      Delete
    3. Since I didn’t win the mystery, I will up my offer to 70DK for the lot if you are down for that

      Delete
    4. SCC, not 100% sure that The Lost COllector is checking the comments, might want to reach out to him in an email if you want to try to work something out. Let me know if you do!

      Delete
    5. wow. some strong interest in this lot. basketball is truly on fire right now.

      Delete
    6. Yes! I have dived back into collecting some myself. But only the 90s stuff which is why this lot spiked my interest. I also needed a dirk and harden rookie. I am kicking myself for not going all in. It won’t happen again lol

      Delete
  5. Snipe accomplished! The Lost Collector wins for 45 DK$. And also achieves Hiden 10 #4, 'Snipe a win (bid in the last 2 minutes for the win)' You are awarded 3 DK$!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Crying emoji) I knew it was coming. I almost Bid all I had. Really wanted this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been fun though! To see all the back and forth lol. My eBay luck showed up for this one today lol

      Delete