Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Cardpocalypse challenge - Day 1

So it seems to me that the last week or so has been a little slower on the blog-o-verse in terms of total posts.  So just in time, here comes a weeklong posting challenge courtesy of Tim at Cardpocalypse!  Basically, the idea is that you can post along with him, day by day on a simple theme.  Tim isn't looking to enforce when or how we post these things, but I am going to try to follow his basic suggestion of one post a day (image stolen blatantly from Cardpocalypse):


Some of these might be a little hard for me, but I'll do my best.

Day one is 'Favorite card acquired during quarantine'.




So I have already posted all of the cards that I have received during the quarantine, except a couple that just came in the mail.  And I don't want to do a rehash of something I already posted.  But there is one card that I received that I have not posted because I don't know who it is from.

I got a PWE about 2 weeks ago with no return address and no note.  Inside was one card, and it was pretty cool:



Now I am not the biggest fan of randomly throwing together 2 players on a card for achievements that are not even related.  But hey, Ripken and Gwynn!!  And a pretty well put together look too.

So in the time since I received the card, I tried to find the appropriate place in my collection for this.  Is it a Gwynn card?  Is it a Ripken card?  Well, I have just the place for these things.  I have a section for multi-player cards, and to be honest, I have some pretty cool looking cards in there.  So I headed there only to find that I already have this card!!  Dupe!

So I guess I could put one copy with the Ripkens and another with the Gwynns.  But I don't think I will.  The card fits best in the multi-player area.

Now the only mystery is, who sent me this card?????  If you are out there and reading, let me know!  And thanks!

5 comments:

  1. That's a cool card that I haven't seen before. Thanks for participating and sharing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the community! Just heard from Nick that you're back. I missed your first go-round but I like what I see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool that these two guys got inducted into Cooperstown together... especially since they both spent their entire careers with one franchise. I think I only have one card featuring both of these guys... but now that you have shared this, I look forward to chasing down another.

    P.S. Thank you for sharing this BBA. I'm super excited to join... but even more excited to start reading his blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great freebie lol. Can't go wrong with two HOF on a card and I struggle all of the time which player collection to stick it in. I say if you have two, one for each!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mystery PWE's are fun, but I'm of the opinion that it's better to know who sent something, if only so they can be properly thanked.

    ReplyDelete