Saturday, May 16, 2020

New collection - 2011 Topps Chrome refractors

I'm not a huge set builder.  Don't get me wrong, I have a ton of complete sets, and I have even built a decent number of them myself, but lately it just hasn't been on my radar.

However, I am going to try to build a 2011 Topps Chrome refractors set.

Huh?  Why?



Well, the main reason is that out of the 220 refractors in 2011 Topps Chrome, I already have 130 of them!!  Now I never bought a single pack or box of 2011 Topps Chrome.  So where did I get all of these????  Well, back in the old days, I did a goofy project where I tried to get 1000 refractors.  And as part of that, 2011 Topps Chrome was far and away the set with the most.



So now that I have time on my hands, I figured it was time to give it a go.  I have added the needs to my wantlist and hopefully someday I will have them all!

Any help is always appreciated!!  Here is the list I still need (this is also on the wantlists page)

2011 Topps Chrome refractors need

4
Andre Ethier
6
7
Kyle Drabek
Mike Minor
Hector Noesi
220
Aaron Crow

3 comments:

  1. If you were collecting just about any other parallel from that set, I'd probably be able to help, but I don't think that I ever picked up any of the refractors though. This is going to be one pretty, and shiny, set when completed, and would probably look really good in pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Trout wasn't in this set. Can you imagine what his rookie refractor would cost? Best of luck with this set. I'll see if I have any. Don't remember owning any 2011 Chrome refractors though. I know I have a stack of 2013's though.

    ReplyDelete