Sunday, May 10, 2020

BFG - DK Item 9



Welcome to the Big Fun Game - Diamond King style!

These next 3 sections will be included on each post during the game...



Updates from DK

Happy Mother's Day!

Time is getting short.  This isn't the last item, but it can't go on too much longer, right?  Time to start gathering addresses. Please shoot me an email if I don't have yours.  Since I have not been in the loop for so long, I don't have addresses from the old days. Here's the list:

Bulldog - Have it
Chris - Have it
Fuji - Need Address
Jon - Have it
night owl - Have it
Ryan G - Need Address
Sport Card Collectors - Have it
The Angels In Order - Have it
The Lost Collector - Have it

Winners so far...
Item 1 - Diamond Kings - Ryan G - 2 DK$
Item 2 - Oddballs - Sports Card Collectors - 12 DK$
Item 3 - Pucketts - Fuji - 15 DK$
Item 4 - Basketball - The Lost Collector - 45 DK$
Item 5 - Surprise - The Angels in Order - 52 DK$
Item 6 - Texas Flamethrowers - Ryan G - 13 DK$
Item 7 - Giant/Dodgers - Night Owl - 35 DK$
Item 8 - Oddballs 2 - Sport Card Collectors - 41 DK$



Gotta get that DK$ - This will be an opportunity to answer/guess at a question.  If you are the first to get it right, you can earn some extra DK$! (DK$ won this way cannot be used until the next item)

1991 Donruss is a bummer of  a set if only because of the incredible number of cards made.  But they also introduced the Elite insert series that year.  I've been told that the Elite inserts were the first to have machine numbering on them.  Whether that's true or not...

I pulled one!  Back in the summer of 1991, my brother and I were at a card show.  For reasons I don't fully understand, We were going to a dealer and buying one pack of 91 Donruss at a time, walking away, opening it and then going back for another.  Probably looking for a specific rookie that isn't worth the paper its printed on now.  So I pulled an Elite!!  We didn't even know what it was, but we were savvy enough to keep from getting badly ripped off, and asked around.  Once we got the idea, I ended up trading the card for a Dr. J rookie card (long gone, unfortunately!).  I felt like I got a decent deal, but I got a lot of flak from kids about letting that Elite card go!

Question: Which player did I pull on the Elite card?  5 DK$ to the first player to get the correct answer in the comments.


The Hidden 10 - There are 10 things that I have identified that can or will happen during our BFG.  Whenever one of them is achieved by a player, I will uncover it here:

1. Mention another contestant by name in a comment - worth 1 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
2.
3. Buy/Sell something that was won (both players) - worth 5 DK$ each - won by The Angels in Order and Sport Card Collectors
4. Snipe a win (bid in the last 2 minutes for the win) - worth 3 DK$ - won by The Lost Collector
5.
6.
7. Ask for more detail on a card up for bid - worth 3 DK$ - won by Night Owl
8. Make a 1 DK$ increment bid (not the first bid on an item) - worth 1 DK$ - won by Ryan G
9. Bid more than one time on a single item. - worth 4 DK$ - won by The Angels in Order
10.



And now, what you have been waiting for, here is Item 9 for your bidding consideration!
Strange hodgepodge, with an Elite flavor.

Galarraga /10000
Cora - Press Proof
Sanders /10000
Hudson /1500
Ramirez (blue tint) /99
Ramirez (Elite) /999
Gonzalez Auto /100


Bidding on this item will end at 7PM PST on Sunday 5/10

15 comments:

  1. If you traded it for a Dr. J rookie... it had to be a big name. Nolan Ryan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess the latest trend is to start high on the bids... 30 DK$

      Delete
    2. Starting high, huh? There is no wrong way to bid in this game, but I kind of expected much bigger bids. Just because there is a limited number of items, not because they are sooo great! Shows how much I know!!

      Delete
  2. Griffey?

    I will go with $35 DK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Negative, I might have finally been able to stump you guys.

      Delete
  4. Sport Card Collectors wins, 35 DK$!

    ReplyDelete