Wednesday, May 6, 2020

BFG - DK Item 2



Welcome to the Big Fun Game - Diamond King style!

These next 3 sections will be included on each post during the game...

***** Item 1 will stay open for bids until 9PM PST tonight because that is what was stated before it started.  Starting tomorrow, the morning  item will close at 7PM PST, when the second item of the day starts.*****

Updates from DK - Anything that needs to be said, including any DK$ that need to be awarded

1. Jon jumped right on the trivia question and won 3 DK$.  Here is the pic of the card in question:

2. Ryan G won 1 DK$ for getting # 8 in the Hidden 10 (below)





Gotta get that DK$ - This will be an opportunity to answer/guess at a question.  If you are the first to get it right, you can earn some extra DK$! (DK$ won this way cannot be used until the next item)

Question: I have two 1/1 cards in my collection.  One is a magenta printing plate of Edgerrin James from 2005 Bowman.  I don't really need that one, just waiting for that Ed James supercollector to make me an offer, I guess.   The other one, I am keeping.  Guess the name of the player that is on my keeper 1/1 card.

Hints:
1. The player is mentioned by name on my wantlists page.  Not in the 'Trying to complete these set's' area.
2. I also have the player's base card in the same set as the 1/1.  The base card is numbered /675.
3. The player was born on a train.
4. The player played for two American League teams in his career.

That might not be enough to get a definitive answer, but if you care enough, it's a start.  3 DK$ to the first player to leave the correct answer in the comments.



The Hidden 10 - There are 10 things that I have identified that can or will happen during our BFG.  Whenever one of them is achieved by a player, I will uncover it here:

1/10 achieved...

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8. Make a 1 DK$ increment bid (not the first bid on an item) - worth 1 DK$ - won by Ryan G
9.
10.



And now, what you have been waiting for, here is Item 2 for your bidding consideration!


Oddball group.  All of these are stickers except the one in the middle.  I think that is tatto's or some kind of rub off.

And to make this oddball lot even more oddbally...

A 1995 New York Mets fold-out schedule
A Nannette Fabray auto (according to the back, she was moderately famous?)
The Rusty Staub seems to be some weird, possibly unlicensed, possibly cut out of a magazine thingy.  The back says he is on the Montreal, and references 1969, so I'm guessing this is from about 1970?
The Fergie Jenkins is a sticker.  No identifying marks on the back, and I have no idea why it is cut out.

Oddballs!

Bidding on this item will close at 9AM PST on Thursday 5/7.

22 comments:

  1. I need that Topps Rub Off. Bidding 1 DK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like oddballs. I will go 5 DK on this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod Carew was born on a train (I learned that reading a book when I was 10).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Right about age 10, too. Correct answer gets you 3 DK$!

      Delete
  4. No idea who Nanette Fabray is... but I feel like Padrographs might be able to use it. I'll go 7 DK$.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Oops, I missed this one, Hidden 10 #9, bid more than once on a single item. You win 4 DK$!

      Delete
  6. Going to $12 DK. Non sport auto, 90s sticker

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mets 1995 schedule looks like it should be from like 1970.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was intrigued enough to look up Nanette's career. From Wikipedia: She began her career performing in vaudeville as a child and became a musical-theatre actress during the 1940s and 1950s, acclaimed for her role in High Button Shoes (1947) and winning a Tony Award in 1949 for her performance in Love Life. In the mid-1950s, she served as Sid Caesar's comedic partner on Caesar's Hour, for which she won three Emmy Awards, as well as co-starring with Fred Astaire in the film musical The Band Wagon. From 1979 to 1984, she appeared as Katherine Romano, the mother of lead character Ann Romano, on the TV series One Day at a Time. She also appeared as the mother of Christine Armstrong (played by her niece Shelley Fabares) in the television series "Coach."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, when I was a kid Nanette Fabray was a pretty big star. She'd show up on game shows or The Love Boat, that was how I knew her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sports Cards Collectors for the win! 12 DK$.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Sports Cards, is the rub off available for DK$?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angels, you just hit another Hidden 10, 'Mention another contestant by name in the comments'. Another 1 DK$ to you.

      Delete
    2. Sure! What are you offering?

      Delete
    3. Awesome! Thanks! Thats the last 1984 Rub Down I needed for the team set.

      Delete
    4. Congrats on the in-game transaction. Even better, you both unlocked the Hidden 10 #3: 'Buy/Sell something that was won (both players)'! That's 5 DK$ for each of you!

      Delete
    5. Awesome!! Thanks! So in the end I only spent $4 DK here lol

      Delete